ASCA's online Clinical & Operational Benchmarking Survey provides valuable quality and performance data about your ASC that you can compare with other participating ASCs.
The survey was designed by ASC benchmarking experts and based on feedback from ASCA members. Participation is open to the entire ASC community.
Survey content areas:
- Operational Measures
Survey features include:
- Dynamic filtering capabilities that allow you to focus in on the information most relevant to your facility
- Convenient 24/7 access to your data reports
- A streamlined, quick-to-complete survey design
- Real-time data review that helps ensure the accuracy of the data you provide
- Easy-to-read reports that allow for quick comparisons between your ASC and national and specialty trends
Subscribe to the 2019 Survey
Purchase your Clinical & Operational Benchmarking Survey subscription today to keep your facility on track for success in 2019 and beyond.
2019 Survey Subscription Pricing
ASCA Members: $329 (34% discount)
Purchase 2019 Subscription
Use the button above to subscribe online by credit card or check. To subscribe via mail, download the benchmarking subscription form
NOTE TO 2018 SUBSCRIBERS: Survey subscriptions are for one year only; you will need to purchase a new subscription to participate in 2019.
Access 2018 Reports
Below are the data submission periods and dates the reports will be available for the survey:
||Data Submission Period
|First Quarter (Q1)
||April 1 - April 30
|Second Quarter (Q2)
||July 1 - July 31
|Third Quarter (Q3)
||October 1 - October 31
|Fourth Quarter (Q4)
||January 1 - January 31
Learn How to Use the Survey
A quick primer on the value of benchmarking for ASCs is Sandra Jones' article, Compare and Improve.
To get started with ASCA's Clinical & Operational Benchmarking Survey, review the Quick Start Guide and watch the overview and demo video below.
New in 2019
ASC Profile Section: Culture of Safety Survey Used by the ASC
- The help text has been modified for this question in order to better explain the Culture of Safety survey.
Section I: Volume- ASC Procedure Type Summary
Section II: Quality – Broken Out into Three Tabs (Suspended by Medicare, Reported to Medicare, and Not Reported to Medicare)
- Suspended by Medicare
- The questions regarding 1) patient fall within the ASC, 2) patient burn before discharge, 3) patient transfer/admit directly to an acute care hospital upon discharge, and 4) patient that experienced a wrong site, side, patient, procedure or implant have been moved to the “Suspended by Medicare” tab.
For the two questions, 1) patient fall within the ASC, and 2) patient burn before discharge, there are nine additional “drilled down” questions added to each of these questions. The “drilled down” questions will ask the area of the ASC in which the fall/burn occurred, the impact of the fall/burn on the patient, and the intervention taken by the ASC for the fall/burn.
- Not Reported to Medicare
ASCs will begin data collection on the above modifications on January 1, 2019, with the reporting of this data April 1–30, 2019.
As in the past, the survey will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on the last day of the reporting period.
This time is automated and can’t be changed, so plan accordingly to enter data before deadlines.
If you have questions about ASCA's Clinical & Operational Benchmarking Survey or the online subscription process, please email ASCA at email@example.com or call our Member Services Team at 703.836.8808.